Sunday, March 01, 2009

Haven't blogged for a long time!

I've been reading books, friction ones, recommended by Bernice. So far I've completed five books.

- Anansi Boys by Neil Gailman
- Italian Job by John Grisham
- Anne Frank (Non-Friction)
- Bleachers by John Grisham
- Rainmaker by John Grisham

No rewards for guessing who's my favorite author right now.

I'm amazed at the speed I'm completing these books too. Rainmaker got to be the thickest book, but I completed it within two days. Really quite an amazing feat, knowing that I used to take ages to finish reading a book.

I feel like I'm being transported into another place whenever I pick up the book to read. It's quite amazing how a simple book is able to capture so much of your attention that you'll find yourself reading it whenever you're free.

Anne Frank was quite amazing. Not as thick as Rainmaker, but I managed to complete reading it in one day. Anne Frank is a diary written by a Jewish girl during the time when Hitler was killing them. When I finished reading it, I had the shivers and I couldn't sleep. Not that it's scary, but it's like you feel for her so much that you just can't do nothing about it.

I'm probably heading to the library soon to borrow more of John Grisham's books and at the same time, read the other books that have collected dust on my shelf.

I'm still unemployed! =/

ACP Computers are very keen on hiring me, but they need to find a school that's keen on hiring me. Went for an interview at Bukit Timah Primary School, but the principal specifically mentioned that they are looking for someone with animation experience because they want to equip their students for the N-E Mation Contest.

Focus on the Family is also keen on hiring me, but working there will be like serving in a ministry. Not that I mind, but it means taking much time off during weekdays and weekdays, working in their newly opened Jurong outlet. Though the prospect seems good, I'm not quite sure if this would work out well for me.

Having to balance time between Church, Cellgroup, Bernice and Work would be quite difficult. Working hours is like 10am to 9pm, Tuesday to Saturday. There will be shift work, but I doubt so during the early stages of the Jurong outlet.

How I yearn for a Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm job, that pays and treats me well. How I hope and pray that it's not another sales company and definitely not insurance. How I hope that it's not mundane work, and there's a good career prospect. Wages wise, I'm not asking for $2000, but I'm willing to even consider $1,600.

Interviews are starting to get really draggy! Toying with the idea that maybe it will really be a great time to start studying again. Three years in SIM and do miracles, three years to tide through the crisis. I'll graduate with a degree, with a smirk on my face, I'm ready for the workforce again.

Maybe I can do law, after reading John Grisham's book, I find it really interesting. I'll not belong to the upper echelons, but I'll be the honest and hardworking one. Win a trial that awards my client 50 million bucks and I'm done.

LOL. Don't burst my bubble please.

No comments: