Monday, April 12, 2010

Recently I went to my friend's Church dedication service.

It may be a young Church, but the leaders of the Church were way beyond their age, in terms of maturity.

Humble, serving and proactive, I was really blessed by their acts of service. They made sure everyone was comfortable, greeted and served.

Above that, they were radical for God.

Radical.

A word that we seldom use to describe Christians now. Used to be a word that I would frequently hear. Even for myself, I wouldn't say I am radical, yes I am on fire, passionate. But radical? I have my own doubts.

When my friend shared about the members/leaders of her Church. I nearly teared. The sacrifices they made to build God a house, the things they did daily just to save that extra cent and the vision that had, in sync with their leader, was just constantly in their mind everyday. The extra miles they went, just to build God a house.

And they were secondary school students. Youths.

I was really blown away.

A young youthfy Church, being able to rent a space and pay for it every month.

I am not suggesting that my CG or Church's youth is bad. But there is this Spirit that seems to be lacking.

A Spirit of determination, breakthrough. This excitement in their Spirit, to live and die for Jesus. This pioneering Spirit, wanting to try new and creative things. The Spirit to serve others, to love everyone and to make their day.

I was greatly blessed by the service and I really believe my youths CAN and WILL be RADICAL for Jesus.

As for myself, I really believe that service was a wake up call. Time to gear up, and not look back.

Our life is a message.

Whose story are you writing for?

No comments: