Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just finished reading this book called "Heaven is for Real" a true account of a little boy, who got really sick, went to heaven during the surgery and then came back to Earth and in random moments, or triggered, shares about it.

I was totally amazed by the book. Words cannot describe what I feel, but what I do know is that its amazing in Heaven.

The boy's child-like faith, constant reminder of how much Jesus loves us and how huge God is never fails to touch my heart. Every chapter is amazing and the encounters are beyond imagination.

Throughout the book, I am constantly amazed by the child-like faith the little boy had. The author narrates him usually speaking with a matter of fact tone, with all sincerity and honesty.

I started to evaluate my own life.

After being a Christian for donkey years, have I turned into a professional Christian? One that knows scriptures and promises of Jesus, yet without encounters and personal experiences with the Most High.

I faintly remember praying the most child-like faith prayers when I was a baby Christian.. "Gentle breeze as I sleep through e night" "Stop the rain as I'm leaving for sch, continue e rain only when I am back in shelter"

And these prayers were answered for me, not just once, but many times! Maybe most people would say, "That's good, God is building up your faith to pray and to believe in Him." But I guess its also because of the child-like faith that I had, absolutely believing that God will hear and answer my prayers.

When was the last time I prayed and God answered?

Has my relationship with God become an act of works? Do I do it because I have to... Or because I want to?

When in a close relationship with someone, they are constantly in your thoughts and in your speech. They are the first people that you turn to, no matter what you feel.

Has God been sidelined in my life? Am I still fiercely guarding the spot that God rightfully remains in my life, or have I allowed other things to take over Him?

So many questions, thoughts and feelings from a simple short book.
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

No comments: