Friday, June 29, 2012

City Harvest Church

Its 3 days after. Figured that I would be too emotionally charged up to write something that makes sense.

Firstly, my stand is "Standing with City Harvest Church. I won't be who I am, if not for what they have done." And very interestingly, it was picked up by Wall Street Journal.

Anyway, my reasons are relatively simple. Besides my natural family being here for me for the past 28 years, CHC has been a constant source of encouragement, inspiration and character development.

Through the Word of God, I have been transformed and through the preaching of the Word, I have grew in faith; not just in God and in His Word, but also in myself.

In Church, I learned about living beyond my comfort zone, serving and meeting the needs of others and living my life based on the Word of God. I do not claim that I am the "perfected" one. I still make mistakes and get discipled. But at the end of the day, its always for the betterment of me.

In Church, I served in various ministries like Security, City Harvest Community Services Association and the Cell-Group Ministry. In was in such ministries, I learned more about myself as I served others. Such experiences gave me the opportunity to connect with various ones, lead teams, witness transformation in lives and meeting needs. If I were not in Church, I'd probably be quite a narrow minded, cynical and selfish person.

In Church, I learned to give. Yes, I tithe 10% of my gross income to CHC, every month. And yes, I also give to my Mom monthly too. Was it difficult to manage my finances? Yes, definitely. My ever increasing phone bill, insurance and investments, transport costs, food and all. But I am a believer of sowing and reaping. God is my provider and He provides for me. Yes, there are days I struggle, yet somehow, He provides.

I also appreciate my family for providing for my studies and daily needs as well, I thank God for my family daily and though I do not express it enough, I am really grateful to be in the Kuek family.

Were there times when I got too emotional and gave beyond my means? Yes, but everything turned out fine. God came through, miracles happen and all is fine.

From an outsider point of view, you might not understand why we do what we do. My family has reminded me time and time again, and I appreciate it. It keeps me in check. But if you, as a friend/stranger/concerned citizen, tell me what to do.. Who gave you the rights? Thank you for being concerned, but if you do not understand (or think you understand) please try not to give "constructive" comments. You may not understand, until you are part of the vision.

I thank God that on social media platforms, there's a great outpouring of testimonials about the love of God demonstrated in CHC. How Pastor Kong, Sun and Pastor Tan made a difference in the lives of so many.

Though the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

The Crossover Project, that started 10 years ago, has seen thousands of lives changed and transformed. Ordinary folks like me have experienced the power of God, listened to Sun's testimony and Pastor Kong's messages of faith.

Now if you were that hopeless and aimless youth/adult, would you be filled with gratitude when someone cares enough to take care of you, teaches you that there is a greater purpose to live for and connects you to the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords?

Allegations are allegations. My trust is with Pastor Kong, Sun, Pastor Tan, Eng Han, Sharon, John Lam, Meng Hao and Jacqueline. This will not stop me from attending CHC, from worshipping, from tithing, from doing my best. We are not people who are blinded, or idolise the leadership. Simply said, we are just fools for Christ, to build and expand His Kingdom, whichever way God has spoken to the leadership.

It is not a religion I subscribe to, but a relationship that I'm connected in.

We are family.
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

No comments: