Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Times when I wish I could do more for something or someone.. 

I strongly believe one of the ways I show love and appreciation is by acts of service. 

Though sometimes people do not know, but at the end of the day, as long as others are blessed, I am blessed.

-

HH encouraged me, saying that I was the best house captain for the camp.. I was quite humbled and encouraged because I felt that I did not do a lot, neither did I really "rah-rah" the house all the time. All the other house captains were just as amazing and awesome.

We all did what we could, to the best of our ability, being available and ready to do whatever that we might have to do. 

End of the day, I thank God for such a great opportunity to serve alongside the leaders. Watching them run the camp was amazing; they brought unity and such great effectiveness in the camp. Though there were hiccups, solutions were never too far away and no problem too difficult for them to handle. 

I remember HH sharing with me last year that as we serve, there must be joy in doing what we are doing, then it won't be tiring.

I recall having lots of laughter and joy together with the other house captains, the commandants as we went through each day. I looked forward to meeting the other captains, the commandants and the members. Everyone was having fun, cheering and encouraging each other on.

At the end of the day, the toughness and tiredness is not remembered. But whats left at the end of the day, is the joy in serving.. The joy in seeing lives changed and transformed for God.. The joy of being in His presence, worshiping Him. 

No comments: