Friday, November 26, 2004

so God decided to change my day and He ended my day so wonderfully, i can't do much except to thank Him and praise Him!!!

okiEe, first comes the boring part - went to meet mingcai and his teammates for the Nike Sink Your Fear Challenge. i was really not looking foward to that event as i haven played basketball for a long time and i wasn't in a good mood.

well, i tried my best to score in every shot, but it really wasn't my day. the ball was kinda slippery (we had the outer courts) and it was rather chilly~ out of plenty of shots i made, i scored only 1 basket, and the highest point our team chalked up was only 35 points.

not sure if that would enable us to qualify for the finals tomorrow, but chances are pretty slim.

took a cab back home as i was already late for security duty. thank God that the traffic was rather smooth compared to the traffic on the PIE heading towards town. it was completely stuck~

took a real quick shower and rushed to the LRT.

stopped at Bukit Panjang, dashed to mcdonalds, bought a meal, dashed off to draw money, dashed into a cab.

thank God the cab driver was a understanding person and he allowed me to finish my food in his cab. i didn't know how i manage to stuff the entire burger inside my mouth, without much chewing, and globbing down fries mixed with iced tea~ i felt like i was da wei wang~

got dressed in the cab and the moment i received my change, i dashed across the road and met Brother Lennard~ thank God! he gave me instructions and after i placed my bags, off i went to my position without delay~

so, when service started, i was doing patrolling with Brother Lennard~ he shared SOOOO many things with me regarding security and a little on his personal side~ it's an eye-opener and great learning experience for me~

a Pastor from India talked to me regarding the School Of Theology too~ i really admire him as he's a Pastor in India, but when he's in SOT, he says that he's a student, not a Pastor. it really takes A LOT for one to humble himself and i really admire that Pastor~

he shared with me how blessed we are in City Harvest Church to have Pastor Kong as our senior Pastor. he was explaining to me the difference between Pastors in India and in Singapore~ basically, when he was trained in other Schools of Theology, the topics they covered were not even half of Year 1 SOT students!!

he even shared with me that he can't wait to go back to India, back to his church and build his church to be like City Harvest Church!! he even suggested that he might even name his church City Harvest Church!!

afterwards, Brother Lennard introduced me to Brother Suraj and i asked Brother Suraj why doesnt the cross rotate when its called the rotating cross~ hehhEh~ i think most of you didn't notice that righTz? i got the answer!! =P

simply, if you want the cross to rotate, we need another building fund to sponser it~ loLz=) its extremely costly to make the cross rotate and there would be loads of changes and additions~ so Brother Suraj decided that its not wise to take up that offer.

more patrolling and "following" a "tourist"

then when service ended, there was a strong burning smell lingering in the air. security personnal were dispatched but were unable to find the source of the smell. then, when most of the church members left, a team of us combed the entire church again~

i was assigned to stairs 3 and as i walked down, the smell grew stronger. but, the smell stayed only at B2, where Pastor Kong, Pastor Sun is!! i did a search around the area, but was unable to spot anything.

so Brother Suraj called the firemans~~

well, after trying to "detect" the source of the smell, Moses and i did logistics. its a really complicating thingy to do and every single object has to be accounted for. was told by Brother Michael that in the army, its worst~ loLx~ got to pray extremely hard that i don't get to do logistics in the army=P

got a lift home by Brother Samuel and it was another sharing session~

really thank God for this day~ so many leaders of mine sharing with me their experiences and experiences i been through today~ even though i've served for 3 straight days, i didn't feel tired at all, and doors have been really opened for me~

got to know so much more people in church, especially the ushers when they noticed that everyday, they seem to see me serving~ another thing is that when you avail yourself to God, God blesses you back with plenty too~

God has certainly blessed me back with experiences, stretching me to grow as much as possible~ but i know that God would definitely bless me back more and He would stretch me even more!!

No comments: