Wednesday, June 22, 2005

during this period of time, the skies roar with fighter jets thundering above.

since young, i've been very drawn to fighter jets and usually, fighter pilots give people the impression of success. thus i was very interested to be a fighter pilot.

lo and behold, my chance came. my sister got a form for me in the Singapore Youth Flying Club and i signed up immediately. everything went smoothly, my medical checks, interviews and briefings.

soon i was able to fly a plane, not quite a fighter plane, but a single engine two seater plane. i was very keen to start flying, but there was a slight problem. i couldn't commit enough time for YFC. many people told me to focus entirely on YFC, but i thought it would be stupid because i might fail my exams and repeat a semester.

flying is definitely not easy. with loads of things to remember in your mind, you have to recall every single one of them the moment the instructor asks us. the way they teach? just once over and they expect us to grasp everything.

i would say its definitely good as i forced myself to absorb as much as i could and kept very focused. but being a rookie flyer, i had my difficulties trying to vomit out every answer asked and focusing on the flight.

eventually i backed out due to excuses and reasons.

2 years later, as i was bathing, the familar sound filled my place. i looked up into the skies and saw 5 jets thundering across the skies in a formation. i stared at the jets as they turned away.

my heart was filled with envy and i could imagine myself in that cockpit, controling the fighter jet, thundering at the speed of sound. the excitment of controling a fighter jet with my hands and the power that i have within my fingers is simply mind blowing.

i can just imagine the blood rush and the G-Force that would be acting on them. even the view of Singapore from the skies, in a cockpit looks different; everything would be a blur because the speed is too fast.

like eagles, they soar high above the skies.

fighter pilots are usually the elites among all the pilots. they are well known for their leadership skills and they are highly respected by everyone. not only that, they get fat cheques when they go for training overseas and they usually can't finish their daily allowance.

a picture of a pilot in a cockpit gives the impression of success and achiever.

as they disappeared into the clouds, i woke up from my dream.

i maybe filled with envy, but i know that God is able to bring me up above the skies and everything else. He promised in Isaiah 40:31 - But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

my God is an awesome God.

No comments: