Monday, January 28, 2008

Late post.

Sunday was quite an eventful day. Served in Jurong West as Erick had an urgent job assignment, so I stood in for him. As it was Dr AR Bernard sharing the word with the church, i didn't mind serving an extra day because I get to listen to his sermon.

Missed out majority of his sermon as I was at backstage and there were pretty much movement in and out of the door. But I caught several points at the ending which I thought was very true.

Our character is so important, so is our reputation. If we are known to have good reputation and great attitudes, people would easily believe whatever we share with them. But if I do not have a good reputation and a good attitude, people may not believe whatever I'm sharing with them.

If I'm known to be a person that always lie, would you believe the things that I share with you? But if I'm a person that's proven to be trustworthy, whats the possibility of you doubting my words?

If I had a bad reputation, but I may have a good attitude, people may still judge me for my bad reputation. Things that I've done in the past may become my stumbling block, thus this is the reason why ex convicts find it difficult to adapt into society and some of them fall back into the vice again.

Good reputation but bad attitude? Always too proud to help those around you, snobbish and carries the 'holier than thou' attitude. These people are just building themselves an altar and they worship themselves. There's no God in their lives, but loads of 'ME-GOD'. Though he/she may have an excellence track of reputation records, such attitudes wouldn't attract much people into their lives because they're so self-centred.

So if you've a good reputation and good attitude, people trust your words and people would want to make friends with you because of your great attitude. Maybe they'll even lay down their lives for you if you help them out of a difficult situation. With good reputation, words that you speak carries power and anointing because its proven that you're trustworthy.

Talents vs Character?

Talents maybe good but without good character, basically its junk. If God has given you a talent, use it! Share it with others that may not be as talented as you are. Help those that aren't so talented. God gives you something for a purpose, not for you to indulge in self-admiration.

If God gives you the talent to sing, serve! Sing in the choir or lead praise and worship in CG. Do not just sing for yourself in KBox, basking in the admiration of your friends because they can't stop praising you after every song that you sing.

Some people may argue that they rather be humble and stay low. But I say its wrong as well! Some people are so humble that they're so proud that they're so humble. Its not wrong to accept praises, not wrong to bask in the glory for a moment. But its definitely wrong when people praise you and you keep denying even though you know that you're good. But in order to be humble, you 'reject' the praises.

Why don't you accept the praises and give thanks to God because He's the One that gave you the gift, talent or ability to do exceedingly well!

I think I'm speaking to several people in this post. I do hope that my short explainations do help you a little. But if you would like to prove your POV, you can always contact me and we can have a debate.

=)

No comments: