Tuesday, January 01, 2008

01/01/08!

new year! i'm so looking foward to great things in this coming year. why? i've no idea. but its just in me.

for the past year, loads of things had happened. good, bad and things that i've no idea about. but last year, God's grace was upon me big time.

in the area of my national service, i was commissioned on June 9 2007, got posted to a really good unit with a really good boss and really good commanders and troopers to take care of. compared to my friends at other places, i'm really extremely blessed to be there.

in the area of my minstry, i was starting to take up more responsibilities and i just got promoted to be a group IC in the elites team. there are definitely a lot more for me to learn, especially after serving on sunday, when ricky shared with me several stuffs.

i've already got some espects of my life that i gotta change. like what pastor tan said, lead the change!! i shall now start to change my attitudes, before it gets me into trouble.

i shall not take my friends for granted. i'll definitely try to keep in contact with as much friends as possible, and form meaningful friendships. i do not want to scratch the surface of friendship, but i want to go deep into the friendship.

i shall not have the 'hollier than thou' attitude. i shall remain humble and be teachable. if God uses a donkey to communicate His ways, He can use a new friend or a little boy to teach me something invaluable.

i shall not close up on my emotions. its definitely not healthy and it has caused me to feel faint several times last year. haha=X i'll definitely try to talk to people more and not hide my emotions. but that doesn't mean that i'll be so emotionally unstable that i'll switch emotions within seconds. probably its learning to control my emotions and learning to express them right.

and i believe there're a lot more things for me to change in the coming year!

-

i also wanna thank several people for their constant love and support, simply being there for me.

charmaine wan xuemin - she has been really challenging. her rough patches and relationships were a constant headache, but thank God cos she brokethru! kinda proud of her and she has also been really encouraging to me. always a SMS away and a street away, rides to church or having a meal together was never a problem.

sandy wong - heh. surprise candidate? her blurness is definitely amazing, but she really makes problems seem smaller, easier. always cheerful and no matter what happens, her positive attitude keeps her going.

keren hoi - ha! simply amazing friendship i've with keren. though we seldom talk, but its amazing how things work between the both of us. hopefully this anointing continues in the years to come!

allan phua - simply amazing scholar. not an army scholar, but a PSC scholar. super genius, but super humble. not a surprise when he was awarded the sword of honor for being the best cadet for our cadet course. always there for me whenever i was discouraged during the course. cheered and celebrated with me whenever i had victories. simply amazing moments.

andrew chong - alpha wingmate, most importantly, prayer mate! first 3 months in alpha wing was endurable because of him. he would gather most of the christians together and we'll pray for one another. he'll also share and edify us during the darkest moments of training.

michael ong - my leader in security ministry. amazing leader. very edifying, patient and caring. always see him smiling and cheerful. but when he plays soccer, he's ruthless! haha. without him, i wouldn't be where i am in the security ministry.

lixin - ahhhaz.. friends for how many years already? 4-5 years? since you were in secondary 3? had our fair share of problems and she's usually one the of first few people that i would think of to share my problems with. we gotta meet up soon!

natalie - buddy! haha.. gives the bestest advice, but it can get quite mean at times. haha. but natalie's really a great friend and i'll also go the extra mile for her.

wong zhiwei - this guy here has helped me so many times, i do not dare to call him for help again. all my last minute vehicle indentions were approved by him and without his help, i would've no vehicles to transport my people or equipments for training!

jodie - victim of char&sharon wan's match making agency. thanks for being so fun loving =)

my CG - little boys and girls that are finally growing up. these people are a joy to go out with, though they might get out of hand sometimes. but they're just so interesting people.

i think i'll eventually end up thanking every single person that i know cos everyone made a difference in my life!

No comments: