Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My laptop is officially dead! Why must it be damaged now!? Sigh. Gotta get it fixed before assignments and projects are given to us, else I've to write everything neatly on A4 paper.

So I am now somewhere blogging away...

SOT Orientation was a BLAST! I think I could have laughed till I developed 8 pacs, face cramps and burst blood vessels.

Barely slept for 6 hours and my alarm went off. Jumped out of bed, showered and headed straight to JW. HEAVY TRAFFIC!! Totally forgot about the morning traffic madness and I was hysterically checking my watch. Gotta go through much more Civilian Conversion Course. =D

Decided to take the train instead at Chinese Garden, towards Boon Lay. Finally reached church and there were so many excited people gathering at the lobby, waiting for registration to start.

Got hold of my lanyard, couldn't stop smiling.

We had about 1 hour to chill in the freezing auditorium. Read thru the students' manual excitingly. Even though 99% of the contents were rules and regulations, punishments we may face and other potentially depressing stuffs, it was surprising that I read it with much joy. HAHA!

Pastor Derek came and shared a word with us. Edifying word from a chapter. Just a simple chapter and it exludes so much strength, wisdom and challenge.

GAMES!

Gathered together in my team, TEAM 21, most of us were from the same zone. We've a Youth Pastor, Church Staff and CGL from another church. Anointed eh?

Anyway, I'm really challenged by my team mates. Their attitudes were amazing. SUPER sporting, fun loving and out going, I felt like a backdrop with them. Really challenged to step out and simply enjoy myself without much fears.

Thank God for His grace! Amazingly, after the first station, I found myself screaming and shouting like some 3 year old kid after being awarded with an ice cream. Haha!

Our team did extremely well for all the stations, completed on time, invested right and managed to get back returns. We got 3th overall for the games, which means $20 attributes voucher! $20!! Thats A LOT! You can like buy some materials, or lighten the burden of several super expensive materials.

Some of the stations were creative. Gotta dip our heads in a pail and fill up a plastic bottle within 10 minutes. Before dipping our heads, we gotta pass a rubberband with a toothpick held by our teeth.

Another station, eating CHILLI PADIS and GREEN ONES TOO! urgh. Thank God only 3 persons are required to do that. So the rest simply shouted directions to them, which I gladly did so. =X

Aiyah. If you want to know more, join SOT next year. ;)

I heard that those in classes now had holy laughter during worship. >.< But it's okie! 5 months of pure intensive discipleship from Him and definitely more of Him!!

No comments: