Saturday, July 03, 2004

thoughtful day~

was rather late for cellgroup meeting today and i almost lost my way~ i boarded the wrong bus, but thank God i messaged melaine to double check~ if not, i wonder where would i end up in. heHz...

cellgroup's pretty huge today~ i guess almost full strength, just short of 2 brothers who are in the army. thank God~ today's message was about faith, having faith and commitment in the faith promises we make to God and how God would fulfill our promises=) having faith is not everything, we got to have action!

shortly after CG ended, charmaine and i headed home as she had something on afterwards~ we decided to take a taxi back as she was running late. been a long time since i last chatted with charmaine, and i made use of the chance to chat up with her~ hAaz=P

reached home, left my bag at home and shortly afterwards, left house again. i went to join my fellow rovers for BBQ near my place. well, its a BBQ meeting. eating and talking about future plans in rovering. i signed up for 1-star kayaking course with them and on august 14, 15, i'll be in the open seas of singapore kayaking myself to a 1-star certificate.

courses in scouts are getting more and more expensive! 1-star kayaking course costs 60 bucks, including membership fees! first-aid course costs 80 bucks! our rovers are even planning on a hongkong trip next year, and we're encouraged to save 30 bucks every month, till next year=/

besides that, xianghao and i are going for our woodbadge. each course and camps costs a bomb!! i don't think we would be sponsered by the unit=/ its all paid by ourselves~ sigh.

i wonder why some of my rovers want me to get attached. they were trying to convince me, and even claimed that i'm not in a good mood. sheesh, even after when i told them that God loves me and its not the time for me to get into a relationship, they still go on and on.

as much as i want to get into a relationship, i fear. confusion sets into my mind and i tend to take a step back. i've been telling myself that its too fast and i should give each other more time. but in the process, i feel myself drifting further away. am i taking the right steps, or am i just restricting myself.

but, i've decided to trust in God that He would tide me through and its God's will, not my will. since i've trusted God, i listen and follow His words. they say that this is the best time to party, play and have fun. but i feel that their joy are shortlived.

whats more encouraging then seeing your friends added into the kingdom of God and become a great testimony.

whats more joyful then the joy of the Lord when it sets upon everyone?

and which club is much more happening then our church service? no drugs, no fights and no violence.

recently, i've got a friend, who happens to attend the same church as i am, told me that he would not serve God because he has no time. he wants to play and seek earthly desires. i was quite disappointed and i tried to challenge him, but he still didn't take up the challenge.

is there really such a thing as no time? i had wonderful moments with friends in church, memories that would last a lifetime. sometimes i wished that i made the decision to accept Christ 2 years ago. i would not have made silly mistakes in my life. but, looking back in regret is useless.

looking at the positive side, i'm glad that i accepted Christ last year. it made me realise that i needed God in my life. there were times when i felt completely lost, and i had no where to turn to, except God. even before i was saved, i prayed to Him whenever i'm cornered. slowly, i realised that God is real and i've been blessed by the messages whenever i attended service.

5 services in 2 years. all 5 sermons spoke directly into my heart. i could feel a strong urge in my heart to let go and receive Christ. whenever the altar call is given, i didn't respond. but in my heart i felt myself crying out to God, asking Him to forgive me.

until pastor Phil Pringle came to preach. he plainly said, crying out to God alone is useless, we have to receive His salvation. that night, i made a decision to commit myself in church and cellgroup.

i've always make it a point to attend services and cellgroup meetings. even if i've got programs that would clash with church or cellgroup, i would usually get someone else to cover me. sometimes, i get insulted or scolded, but as long as i'm covered, i'm able to attend services and cellgroups.

1 year from now, i do not want to look back and realise that i could have done something great for God, but because i wasn't commited, i failed.

time to move on, and keep moving...

No comments: