Thursday, December 16, 2004

i realised that i left out a very important category.

friends!

after being separated from my former classmates in F03, 2 malay girls from F04 started to befriend me~ i was really touched, once, when both of them waited for me so that we can start eating together. i really had no idea that they were waitin for me and i remembered taking a VERY long time to choose what to eat.

times when we're stuck in the canteen, they would talk to me and keep me entertained. nice girls, whom time to time kept me out of trouble=P

no worries, i won't be getting a malay gf=) i really prefer a chinese girl... lolz

not forgetting my former classmates. whenever we had combined lectures, we would sit together and they would ask how is my class. often, they forced me to change classes, but i didnt as its impossible to change at the third week of school.

besides that, they would ask if i'm still sleeping in class and if i understand the lessons~ their encouragements may come like suans, but i know that they care=) i think...

friends, a general term, have been part of my process of growing up. i'm glad i wasn't restricted in making friends when i was younger and i'm even glad that i wasn't influenced by the bad company that once "took care" of me when i was in sec 1.

knowing the bigshots in school made me pretty fearful too~ hahaZz=P but i never abused it. it was really a great experience knowing them as they would often remind me NOT to join gangs or secert societies. they "took care" of me because they didn't want me to be led astray and they would often tell me whats good and whats bad.

of cause they said smoking is bad=)

though i'm not in contact with them now; lost contact, but when we meet each other on the streets, its never scary. they would chat with me like a long lost friend, just to catch up on each other lives.

basketball pals. once i start, i'll prolly never stop...

this group of friends are seldom mentioned here because we've and we're still in contact after 9 long years. we're still playing at the same place we played 9 years ago and though there were frictions, the long years have erased the bad memories.

i still remember, 9 years ago, i was the hot-tempered boy who constantly wants the ball. whenever i'm in a bad mood, my scoring chances are higher. so when hermzie n guys notice that i'm angry, they got no choice but to pass the ball to me cause i'll be shouting for the ball =P

then when i was in sec 2, i went missing in action for a year because i was lazy to play basketball. somehow, herman managed to find me in IRC and dragged me down to play basketball. though it was really hard to catch up with them, they never excluded me from playing with them.

time flew and we had really great times together.

dec 31, a particular year - a group of us, herman, weilun, carmen, junlin, junjiang and some others who i can't remember went to play pool at bukit timah. it was a not-really-planned-for-my-birthday birthday, but we all had fun.

there was a lucky draw and our table won!! i received the prize and to our relief, its 1 year membership free!! the best part was that there was 8 hours free and we could use it immediately. so on that day, we played 8 hours of pool, free.

it was super late when we finally finished, and we started walking back home. it was a great experience walking back with them as we got chased by dogs and we explored around junkai's house; which is huge.

the countless of times when we entered 3 on 3 basketball tournaments. we would be always praying and wishing that we wouldn't meet players that we know or players who have experience. seems that we would ALWAYS encounter friends and players who are so experienced. lolz=)

one of my best personal glories - i managed to block ronglie's shot!! anyway, nothing much to rave about because he wasn't even jumping when he took that shot. LOL!

more recently, i haven been playing basketball because of work, school and church. times when i really feel like playing basketball, i would message the gang and if the weather permits, everyone would be playing together.

this kind of feeling is really great. everyone getting together just to play some basketball, seriously or fooling around.

definitely, there's still conflicts and internal arguments. but we're still a pretty sounding team thats well heard around bukit panjang. sometimes i ain't sure if i'm fit to be named with them, but watching them play now, i understand why they are famous=)

the lineup - Herman, Weilun, Zongxian, Junjiang, Junlin, Binghan, Terrance, Aloy, Jiawei and Ronald.

i guess i've missed out a number of names, but these are the players who shone during their recent tournament or are constantly playing great basketball when we're together.

i do not want to take everyone for granted because friends are hard to come by.

moving a step higher, close friends.

there isn't much people in this section, but the obvious names would be natalie and charmaine. both girls have really caused me to changed a lot in my character.

charmaine - this lil girl, with a fiery temper, made me promised not to curse or swear or use any other words to replace the swear words. if i were to commit that mistake, i owe her 50 cents. well, its a lot back then cause every single word that i say would be screened carefully~ lolz=P

charmaine's also the one that bought me to church (jie, tell mom this!! LOLX!!) she called me up EVERYDAY and started whining on the phone, sometimes using brutal force to make me go church on the first Christmas Service at jurong west.

when i finally agreed, she was SO happy. so was i. though i didn't respond to the altar call, she never gave up. during BIG days, she would call me up and using the excuse, "i'm performing ley!! must support!!" i would attend the service.

i guess she was extremely shocked when i messaged her last year and told her i want to go for services with her, and this time, i'll be staying~ lolz=P

now to natalie. this girl watched the growth of me~ she took care of me when i was sick, paid for the medical bills when i had gastric flu and started puking all over the place. whenever i needed help or encouragement, she would be there listening to my complains or cries. likewise, when she needs help, i'll be there listening too =)

one of the my most difficult times was spent with her and everyday, she would check on me just to make sure that i'm fine.

but with these 2 close friends, nothing beats having a girl-friend. loLz~!!

i AIN'T ATTACHED!! so STOP whatever you are thinking now.

definitely, having a girlfriend is great. someone to share your vision with, your dreams, secerts and love. someone whom you know would be there for you and someone who really cares for you. not forgetting someone who loves you. someone who would always be standing by my side, in this long journey of mine=)

together, we reach the destination. but its the journey that matters.

being loved is a great feeling, but i want to give that feeling to that special someone too.

i've put my past behind me and i'm lookin forward to the great future God given me...

anyone who wants to share this journey with me?

No comments: