Thursday, December 30, 2004

I've been in church for 1 year, 2 months. Though it may seem like a short time to many people, I feel as if I've been in church for all my life.

Last year, before I gave my heart to Christ, I was a broken person who got involved in a not-right relationship. The relationship damaged the relationship I had with my friends and family members.

I seldom spent time at home or with my friends. Most of the time was spent with my ex-girlfriend, idling away in her place.

We encountered loads of problems in the relationship and we broke up. But we patched things up as I'm a soft hearted person.

During times of difficulties, I had no one to turn to. I remembered myself crying out to God. Every night, I would ask God to take away my pains and sufferings because I couldn't take it anymore.

I argued with my family members just because of the girl and I couldn't be bothered talking to them as I thought they were all against me. That's one of the worst mistakes I've ever done in my life.

I still remembered how much I sacrificed for the girl, but gained nothing but more heart-aches.

When we finally broke up, I thought things would be better. Little did I expect that my relationship with my friends were drifted so far apart that it seems weird hanging out with them again.

Every day, I was still tormented by the memories that lingered in my mind. The many times my ex-girlfriend tried to patch things up and friends asking me to accept her.

I really wanted to move on, but I couldn't.

I found myself drifting away from Mankind and I couldn't relate to much people. I would usually be alone and not make new friends. When school started, I was alone in class and most of the time; I would do things my own.

On the outside, I seem to be normal. But on the inside, I was dying.

Every night, I cried out to God and asked Him for help.

Then I got invited to church, City Harvest Church.

It wasn't a special service, but I still remembered how I was touched by the love of God and His people. It was a fantastic feeling and I felt loved in church. Then, my friend challenged me to give my heart to Christ, because God has called me and it's pretty obvious that He's calling me.

I took that first step of faith and messaged Charmaine. I told her that I want to attend service that week. I never knew that I took that first step towards God, God took ten thousand steps towards me.

Soon, my emotional hurts were healed.

My relationship with my ex-girlfriend was restored after a Sunday service. Pastor Kong preached that we shouldn't harbor hatred in our hearts. So I prayed and asked for forgiveness. I asked God to let me meet my ex-girlfriend once, so that I could ask for forgiveness.

God is a good God and He answered my prayers, immediately.

I walked out of church, crossed the road and met her.

my relationship with my classmates grew and I never felt bored about school, with them around.

I was contented being a Christian, receiving blessings and feeling His presence in church. I just wanted to be a follower, not a leader.

I was challenged to rise up in the cellgroup by Venetia, our former cellgroup leader. Slowly, I begin to share testimonies during cellgroup meetings and serve the cellgroup by booking seats.

Thus, I was given more tasks. I was assigned to be a birthday IC and bible verse IC. I was constantly reminded by Xiaojia that we have to be faithful in little things, and then God would trust us with the greater blessings in life.

There were times when I felt totally discouraged in the cellgroup. Things didn't turn out the way I expected and I couldn't do anything to change it. The burden I carried was far too heavy for me to bear and I had thoughts of giving up.

Emerge Conference came in time and it restored my fire. During Emerge Conference, I was pregnant with God's visions. He showed me such wonderful visions that I couldn't help but share it with all my friends.

God showed me a scene of me leading a cellgroup filled with excited youths. He also showed me a scene, where I was standing behind a pulpit and when I gave the altar call, thousands of people responded and gave their hearts to Jesus.

I also saw myself in suit, serving God in security.

Every night when I prayed, these dreams, desires and visions kept filling my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about them and I felt very excited. I knew that they would come to past because it's birth-forth from God.

Along the journey, I grew stronger spiritually.

I knew I'm not the same as before.

There were times when I felt spiritually dry, but those were the times when I draw closer to God, seeking Him with all my heart, wanting to receive more.

As I continued to rise up in cellgroup, God continued to bless me. My relationships with my family members were restored and now, I share my faith with my sister freely.

I treasure my friends more then ever before and whenever there's a chance to hang out with them, I would take time out and join them for supper or just a gathering. Through all these gathering, God took the bad relationships and made them good.

Recently, it was Christmas and I decided to send out Christmas cards. I didn't write my address at the back because I didn't want to give the impression that I want something back from them. But, my friends asked me for my address and they sent me beautiful messages that really touched my heart.

I never knew that I made a huge difference in their lives.

I feel like as if I've moved from one end to the other end in just a few months. Though it was a short time, the change was amazing. From a person who rather sits back, to a person who wants to change and impact lives forever.

Now as I continue my journey towards the destination, I'm very sure that God has placed many beautiful things in my path.

For this coming year, I just want to be a faithful steward of God and serve Him because I love Him and not because it's my job.

No comments: