Wednesday, January 19, 2005

i'm just a human being who wants to serve God, to give God my very best. even if i'm using my own strength, i still want it to be my best effort to God. i'll be burnt out and tired, but i hope that at the end of the day, i did something to bring glory to God's name.

no matter how much i try without the anionting and direction from God, chances are slim. but i just want to go on.

areas in my life haven been submitted to God and areas in my life that doesn't bring glory to God. why would He want to use someone like me when he has a mighty army of soldiers filled with Faith and the Holy Spirit.

but God still uses the weak to bring Glory to Him.

thank God for Eugene. he called, we chatted. as simple as that and when he shared, i could feel faith building up in me. the things that he shared with me were things that i thought of for the cellgroup. not only i wasn't alone, there is someone who shares the same thoughts as i do!

many things happened as we chatted. xj called and said there wouldn't be games, but prayer meeting. eugene and i were talking and he shared about the importance of prayers. well, instantly a seed was planted and viola~ God moved His hand.

i felt a surge of faith rising up in me, something that i sorely missed throughout the day.

and now, something even greater happened. eugene prayed for a word and God showed eugene this verse.

1 Corinthians 4:16 - Therefore I urge you, imitate me.
17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
18 Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you.
19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?

when i read it, it was almost like God telling me to test Him. Timothy was like eugene, who reminded me about faith and being strong and the power of God is available.

so its like God shouting this into my ear, "TRY ME!!!"

as for eugene, heh~ all the best brosie=) all i can say is that God really misses you a lot~~ and the angels are cheering~~ rest assured, i'll be reminding you of 1cor 4:16=D=D=D

-

eugene shared about leadership in the cellgroup and i realized that it does actually make LOADS of sense. in the earthly way of explaining, i'll be using Manchester United.

a CGL is like Alex Ferguson. he's the manager, coach and AF's task is to train the players, motivate and inspire them. AF is also the visionary, whose vision is to capture the EPL, Euro Cup and FA Cup, thus getting the Treble.

similar to a CGL, a CGL trains, motivates and inspires the cellgroup members. a CGL is also a visionary who has a vision for the cellgroup and leads the cellgroup towards that vision.

what about CG Helpers? they are the PLAYERS. not any players but the influencial players. players like Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Gary Neville. each of them have DIFFERENT tasks.

Roy Keane is a Midfield Marshal, which means he commands the midfield of Man United. he's also the captain, that assists AF to motivate the players on the pitch.

Ryan Giggs is the one that delivers the crosses for RVN. his crosses has to be timely and most of the time, he's the one that gets tackled heavily.

RVN is the striker and his main task is to score goals. if he fails to do so, the team is unable to win.

G Neville is a defender and his task is to organise the defense. if the defense is shakey, the opponents are able to score goals easily. resulting in a loss.

can you imagine if they all decided to be like a GK? just stand between the poles and guard the goal, so that no one could score? it would be great, getting 1 point per match, but chances of winning the championship is zero!

but when each of them does their job, the team wins.

for cellgroup, the members are like the footballers. the ball is in our control and how we play the game is very important. we HAVE to know our roles in the cellgroup and we HAVE to contribute to it.

man utd didn't build on 1 person, but they build on teamwork and unity.

there would be challenges, teams like Arsenal and Chelsea. but do we bow down our heads in loss? NEVER! we got to fight, and keep on fighting!!!

if things have to be changed, we change and adapt! tactics have to be changed in real soccer matches. same goes for cellgroups! if its not working, change! things got to change!! if we're sinning, we got to CHANGE!!!

at the end of the day, i'm not wishing for Pastor Kong to call me on my HP and say, well done joel!! maybe you would like to preach to the congregation on sunday morning? NO!!

at the end of the day, i would want to know that i did something NOT of my own strength AND something that brings GLORY to God and He says, "Well done My faithful servant."

No comments: