Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine Day 2005, its a day that i'll remember for life.

after school, i felt like buying flowers for various people in my life. but i felt that its pointless if i give flowers to everyone and defeats the purpose of valentine. so i listed down the "nominees" and removed more names until i'm left with 5 names.

1. Venetia
2. Charmaine
3. Sharon
4. Nat's Mom
5. Lixin

1 - Vene has been a great blessing in my life. she never fails to encourage me or advise me whenever i need them. when i was in her cellgroup, her discernment is so accurate that i don't have to tell her what i went thru. she KNOWS it~ even though now we're in different cellgroups, she never fails to "check" on me and pray for me. she told me just now that she's always talking about me in her cellgroup and she's very glad that i'm growing stronger in the Lord.

but, it all begins when she challenged me to rise up in the cellgroup. if without her encouragement and support in the beginning, i wouldn't be able to last that long and that far.

2 - Char's the girl that brought me to Christ. she's also a girl whom i favor, i protect and look after~ she's almost like my blood sister; she's B+ too~ the difference is that she's a Wan and i'm a Kuek. hAhaz=)

3 - Sharon. she has been sending me home and even to school without any complains! there was once when she prayed for me, when i went to her cellgroup meeting, she was so sharp that she prayed and answered the questions in my mind! she believes in me and is also a source of encouragement for me.

4 - Nat's Mom. weird right? sending flowers to her mom. well, its just because her mom is really very nice to me and i felt that its just right to give her something to show my appreciation=)

5 - Lixin. someone kinda special~ we chatted online 5 years ago, but we never met up. she has been a great listener and adviser whenever i'm down. all i need to do is just sms her and her replies come back fast and furious. though she maybe burdened by her problems, she's willing to set aside her own burdens and carry other burdens.

after 5 long years, and so much love from her, i decided to buy her favourite flowers, after asking her, and give her a surprise. at first, she thought that i was just pulling her leg. but when she called and checked, she then realized that i'm REALLY on my way to her place.

so we met, for the first time in 5 years.

the moment i alighted, she started screaming and laughing. she couldn't believe what she saw and couldn't believe that she's with joel. we had a great time chatting and walking around her estate.

i just want to thank God for these great people in my lives. of coz, there's more then that and if your name is not listed here, it doesnt mean that i've forgotten about you~

YOU made a difference in my life, no matter if you did anything, but the day when you called me your friend, you changed my life.

No comments: