Saturday, March 13, 2004

first time i'm blogging so early on a saturday afternoon. it's only 2.32pm and i'm supposed to be at west camp, attending my mass flight brief. why am i at home? reason is simply because i decided to stop the course as i'm really getting sick and tired waiting to fly. attending mass lectures used to be interesting, but it got really tiring and attending lectures became something i do just for the sake of attendance.

i guess most of you guys would disagree with me about quitting YFC and before i called up YFC, melody tried to stop me, kept asking me to attend the lecture. but, i called my mom, and told her that i decided to stop YFC. she asked me if i was certain and if there would be other chances for me to become a pilot again. afterwards, she started scolding me, and "ordered" me not to be actively involved in church anymore. i wonder why must she do that, but i tried explaning to her about my church stuffs. she didn't bother trying to understand and just kept unbothered. her "orders" were simple - i can only attend friday night service. well, i guess i'll make her really pissed off later=/

anyway, before i left house earlier, i argued with my mom too. she asked me if i am flying today and when are my holidays. when she found out that i'm not flying today, and my holidays are still far away, she sounded quite angry. then, i told her that i am no longer interested in the course as i seldom get the chance to fly, and the chances to fly now is getting lesser. when she heard this, she flew into a rage and started scolding me. i reasoned back, but she didn't care. i walked out of the house afterwards when she started to go on and on.

when i was in the bus to yishun, i started to pray. i was really confused and i didn't know what to do. i prayed for an answer to my problem. soon afterwards, a phrase came into my mind - Seek God's Kingdom First In Your Heart. i think it means like this=/ anyway, that came into my mind and i remembered Pastor Tan sharing with us that he wanted so badly to become a pilot, but if he's given another chance, he would not take up the pilot course. why? because he found his purpose, which is to become a pastor. not everyone can be a pastor, God has better plans for us and i believe that He would open doors of opportunities for me, so that my purpose would be revealed to me.

anyway, it was a good learning experience for me in YFC and even though i'm a little sad, i have the faith in God that he would open doors of opportunities for me and the plan He has for me would be revealed to me=)

No comments: