Wednesday, April 13, 2005

talents.

i was playing basketball at BPCC earlier with some teens and came an ah beng that joined us. my first impression of him was rather poor because of his attitude.

we were playing 3 on 3 and play got disrupted because of some problem another player faced. so someone shot the ball and the rebound was heading towards me. out of no where, that ah beng jumped in front of me and grabbed the ball away.

first - never do that because it shows that you're desperate to show off your skills.

second - i hate people doing that, especially when its just a shoot about.

that ah beng is quite a good player actually. but because of his pride, i nearly lost my cool and wanted to rough back. thank God i kept my cool and played in a way that annoyed him, instead of myself.

i kept a tight guard over him and even though he managed to score against me, i made sure that i answered back the next ball. even if i fall to do so, i would pass the ball around and control the play so that their team wouldn't gain possession that easily.

they lost both matches against us.

i didnt do much stuffs, but my teammates were remarkable. there's this CCKSS kiddo who's a great player. super young, yet talented. but the difference is that he's not puffed up with pride! i still remember seeing that kiddo everywhere i went recently and he never fails to give me a smile and a wave.

he calls me arcade mode because of the way i shoot and score baskets easily for 3 pointers. back then.. but i was totally off form earlier and couldnt score much baskets. yet he encouraged me and asked me to take more shots.

after a few matches, i finally got my touch back and scored baskets that annoyed that ah beng.

anyway, back to the kiddo. he's a better shooter than i am and he's younger than me!! i'm so impressed by his coolness and meekness!! not to mention his blur looking face. lolz=P

if that ah beng changes his attitude, i'm sure that he would become a good basketball player. but with an attitude like that, who would be willing to play with him?

sigh.

No comments: