Sunday, April 17, 2005

with regards to last night's post, i guess i've only 1 person to run to and thats Jesus. not forgetting buds like kim and veron, who messaged me at 5am, waking me up after i finally fell asleep at 3 plus.

today's message was totally for me and its called the sacrifice of praise. its not something new for me and i even shared this with a friend of mine, who was going through a tough time. little did i know that i could have praised God from the beginning of the attacks, instead of allowing it to manifest in my mind.

i guess God wants me to learn something out of the sermon, so i was allocated in the same position for 3 services.

Psalms 73 : 25 - 26

Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

i wanna be like David, who praised God no matter what the situation was, trusting Him and depending on Him for deliverance. knowing that God is able to take the situation and change it for His advantage.

in the worst of situations, David wouldn't dwell on the negatives but he focuses on the positives. he focuses on God, the goodness of God and his hunger for Him. thats seriously something i should learn if i want to defeat the goliath in my life.

i also realized that i'm prone to such "attacks" when i'm tired. i guess i've been sleeping way too late and waking up at weird times during the day. not forgetting taking loads of naps because i have nothing better to do.

discipline! mustmust have the discipline!!

its time i review my goals card and start working hard towards it. can't slack anymore, its April and there's not much time left this year.

the greater the degree of anointing, the greater the degree of trials. i wouldn't say that i'm going through all these and i would become super anointed. look at what Jesus, and the disciplines went through! the disciplines got stoned, mocked, challenged and threatened. Jesus went through 40 days in the wilderness, got mocked, challenged and threatened too.

woah.. i shouldn't complain in the future. =P

No comments: