Monday, December 29, 2003

You received a Greeting Card.
Theme : Card
Subject :
Title : A Rainbow Birthday

i think at around 1+ am? my first girlfriend sent me a E greeting card.

well, the story wasn't so simple. it all started like this.

i noticed that my system notice in ICQ was blinking. clicked it, had thoughts that it was some spam message again. saw her nick! got extremely excited. i didn't know what did i click, then the message box closed! arghx! felt so stupid! tried to view the message again, but i could not.

suddenly, i decided to search for her nick in ICQ. managed to find her, then sent her a message, adding her in my list at the same time. i prayed that she was online. hahaxz!

-uh oh- she replied! hahaxz! felt SO excited and happy! started chatting, and i viewed the Ecard she sent me. suddenly remembered that her birthday was yesterday! hahaxz! sent her a Ecard too, wishing her a belated birthday.

we're still chatting now. but, feelings changed from excited to sad? i was chatting with wanling too, and i told her everything - from day 1 of how we met, to the day we broke up. memories, thoughts and stuffs came back again. sigh.

it all started with a simple hi from her, and we started hi'ing and bye'ing to each other for months. come sports day, my friends told her friends that i liked her. her friends told my friends that she liked me. after sports day, her friends arranged me to meet her at the nearby coffee shop to have lunch together. hahaz. i must have blushed like mad on that day. her friends were laughing like crazy, but i noticed that she's blushing too. extremely cute. was forced to send her home afterwards and i found out that she stayed beside my block! hahaxz!

since then, we chatted everyday on the phone. everynight, without fail, i would call her at 10pm, and she would already be by the phone, waiting for the phone to ring. we chatted everynight, until this special night, 15 march 1999 (i think, it's a faint memory) 10.45 or 10.50 pm, i asked her to be my girl-friend. hehx. my heart was thumping madly, like it would explode anytime. she said, "give me 5 minutes" i took count, 1 min seemed an hr. both of us were extremely quiet. i tried to make some noise, but i could not. 2 minutes, 3, finally 5. told her that her time is up, but she kept quiet. i thought that she would reject me. fear flowed all over my heart. i even said that if she's going to reject me, just say. finally, she said okie. at first, i didn't hear what she said, cause i was really freaked out. i asked her to repeat, and this time, she said, okie, i'm your girl-friend. hahaxz! smiling from ear to ear, i was speechless. i'm so in love.

fast forward.

then, came the worst day of my life - the day we broke up.
she heard some rumour in school that i want to break up with her. she called me, and asked me if it's true. i asked her who was the one who told her about it, but she refused to tell me. then, she started crying, and asked me. that day, i was in a rather bad mood, so i just said ya larh! and hang up the phone. at that time, my sister was beside me. she asked me what happened, and i told her. she scolded me, and forced me to call her back. but, when i called back, her brother told me that she didn't want to talk to me. sighx.

after that incident, whenever we met in school, she would either walk away, or just run off. tried to talk to her, but she just ran and ran. sighx.

we didn't chat for almost 4 years! till the day, when i retook my O levels, and she was in school, cause it was teachers' day. chatted with her for 1-2 minutes and i didn't know what else to talk about. hahaxz. at that same year, my secondary school had a CCA campfire. she attended it too! the scouts were sitting beside the guides, and she was there. hahaxz. took the chance to talk to her, to catch up. didn't dare to get her contact number, even up till today. lolx.

the breakup is 1 of my biggest regret in life. how i wish i could turn back time, so that all these would not have happened. how i wish, i could say these to her again.

i miss you...

No comments: