Sunday, June 27, 2004

back from church~!! wOopiEe dEe dOo!!

woke up pretty early as i had bible studies classes. met up with shuling at bukit batok mrt station and we headed down to church together. bought myself super light breakfast before getting to church. i was given free fishballs because i nominated old chang kee in a particular competition~ loLz=P

bought our workbooks for the bible studies class - Christian Lifestyle~ then shuling had to wait for 2 of her cellgroup members as they are enrolling into Getting Started bible classes. well, only 1 showed up in the end~ helped her to register for Getting Started when shuling combed the church to look for the other member=P

Christian Lifestyle class!! walked into class, saw loads of familar faces~ haHaz~ around half of samantha's cellgroup is attending the class and our teacher is brother kimhock!! my favourite teacher!! =D

the class was wonderful~ today's lesson is about the bible~ tEehEe~

went down to lobby to look for bernard and found him immediately~ then we queued at the staircase, unusually long~

finally, we got into the auditorium and got our seats~ as i was a unknown figure in bernard's cellgroup, some of them came over and introduced themselves. well, not exactly people who i dont know~ they just forgot who i am. loLx=P sarah and lynn, both winners of the extreme sports came up to me and chatted with me. lynn thought that i was a new friend! LoLz=P

scouted around for samantha and i finally found her - few rows behind me~ went up and returned her the MD she lent me on thursday. ~>.<~ one star, brighter then the others. 2 hearts, beating for each other...

service FINALLY started! i was so excited before service started~ i was singing praise songs and "jumping" all over my seat. loLz~ had a GREATGREAT time during praise and worship~ joachim, bernard and i were practically jumping all over the place and singing very loudly. lolx=P

the sermon's a million times better. God raised David to defeat Goliath... wow!!! if God raised a man like David to defeat a human being thats 3metres tall, nothing is impossible when we WANT to SLAY the Goliath in our life!!

then, my heart skipped a beat when pastor Kong said that he wants to pray for those students who are in polytechnics. bernard and i practically ran down the steps to the front and waited for pastor Kong to lay hands on us. i was trembling with excitment when i waited for the others to clear and when its finally my turn, i stood there and left time moving so slowly~ i could not wait for pastor Kong to lay hands on me...

suddenly, i felt a gentle hand on my forehead. i fell. as gentle it maybe, but its filled with God's glory and power. as i laid there, my mind was in a total blank. i felt so peaceful and when i woke up, i felt so refreshed and recharged! as i made my way back to my seat, i was trying to recompose myself. the moment i reached my seat, i started to pray and i could feel myself on the brink of crying. well, i didn't cry though. teehee~

afterwards, i joined their cellgroup to the roof garden and witnessed brothers and sisters getting baptized~ i want to get baptized too! its not for fun, but for serious.

had fellowship with them afterwards at the coffeeshop~ got to know a sister, felicia, thats frm ngeeann poly too~ surprised me loads when she asked if i'm joel frm ngeeann parade of schools. i have never seen that girl before and she remembers my name. lolx=)

hAhaz~ had such a great time today in church. made more new friends and dwelled in God's presence. i can't wait to serve in security=)

No comments: