Thursday, June 03, 2004

ONE WAY!!
JESUS!!
YOUR THE ONLY ONE THAT I COULD LIVE FOR!!

-

emerge conference day 3.

the queue started at 2pm and by the time i reached church, level 3 was almost maxed out. bernard and i met at 4.00, but we reached church at 4.30. hungry and tired, we had to settle down at the back of level 3.

then, i started messaging my friends - samantha, jierui and chewlin and asked them where they are. well, they were not very far away from me, but around 1-2 sections away~ lolx=P

when its finally time to go down to the auditorium, its like a battleground!! everyone dashed for the stairs and down the steps~ when bernard and i reached the auditorium, we could not find any seats, but thank God samantha managed to book seats for us~ =D

the service started with a bang! there were people drumming on i-don't-know-what-is-that-called and it was something new that we never experienced.

i could have jumped from the start of praise to the end of it~

by the time we started to sing worship songs, my shirt was wet and i was sweating buckets~ but thank God, the aircon's blowing quite strongly.

then, pastor Kong gave his sermon. its got to do with our dreams and visions from God! i really thank God for such a wonderful sermon. i had a "thought" , "vision" that i am a cellgroup leader and a pastor. when i shared this with my friends, they all were encouraging me, i thank God for such a great bunch of supporting friends~

the ending of the service was even sweeter. we sung a song thats about friendship, and i had my arms around bernard and a friend whose name i don't know how to spell=X that song is seriously veryvery nice and sweet~ the brothers then all hugged each other, and another bigger brother hugged the 3 of us~ lolx~ how i wished that the moment would never end, but all good things would have to come to an end. i felt the presence of God so strongly, the bond between me and my friends, even though they were not with me, grow tighter as i sung the song with all my heart.

there was so much love in my heart. its amazing... i really didn't want the conference to end.

but, i know that GOD has GREATER things for me~!!

adeline's birthday! i have no idea who's that, but she's from samantha's cellgroup, so we sung her a birthday song, with the blessings included! hahax=P

2 members from samantha's cellgroup won the under 17 ladies extreme sports challenge. i was quite impressed when i saw them face to face, they were not really very muscular, but lean. small sized, in fact. but, they still are the champions~ had the honor to shake their hands too~ hehez~

then, sister bernice from ngeeann won the word power! and guess what's her prize!?

ITS A DELL COMPUTER! all the 3 members each received 1 dell computer!! its so cool~!!

parade of schools!! the MOST shocking results, personally. i thought that NTU would have won the competition hands down, but alas! TRP won!! btw, TRP stands for Temasek Republic Polytechnic. i can't really remember their performance, but when they performed their cheer again, their unity is really strong~

then, samantha, bernard and i went to meet up with the rest of the ngee ann students for a short meeting. over there, we cheered like crazy for the leaders, and we even threw several people into the air~ hahaz! even the pastors had to stop us cause we have to leave the premises~

we're meeting next monday again!! MARCHE!! woohoo!! really looking forward to it, but samantha can't join us... so sad~ >.<

i guess my brethens from ngee ann are still having their supper. i left earlier cause i'm taking sister sharon's car home. when i told them that i have to leave, everyone gave me a disappointed look. >.<

i could not bear to leave either~ i feel so attached to them already! even though its a huge group, everyone still sticks close to one another. i've found brethens to share my passion, vision and dreams with. i've found brethens who's on fire for God with me and most of all, i've found brethens who's asking God for revival in ngee ann polytechnic~

i was thinking just earlier that if i'm a cellgroup leader, i won't want them to look upon me as their leader. i want them to look upon me as their friend, their older brother. a person who they look for when they need encouragement, support and advices. instead of someone they meet once or twice a week, i may not mind meeting them for dinner, lunch or even to the movies whenever they want to.

the CGLs in ngee ann really inspired me. there were about 3-4 leaders and everyone of them are SO approach-able! i seldom use brother, sister wdeva to address other people, but its during POS, i developed the habit of calling my seniors brothers, sisters~ lolx=P

i felt that i changed so much just after a parade of schools, emerge conference! i begin to praise and worship God freely, openly, doing whatever things i want to and most of all, my fire is burning stronger!

then, i'll move on, being a pastor like pastor Kong, travelling all over the world, preaching the word, saving the unsaved. raising generation of youths who would be history makers!

even though its a hard and rocky ahead of me, i know that my God will pull me through because its a vision from God. the success of pastor Kong didn't come overnight, it came after years and years of hardwork and listening to the Holy Spirit.

i really can't wait to move to the next level.

i want more of God's presence. i want to be like Obed-edom, who dwelled in God's presence and served God everyday of his life.

this fire in me, shall never burn out!

this vision, dream, shall never fade off!

i'm going to make sure that i stick, hang on, hold on, grab to this dream, vision give by God. how is that possible? that's where my brethens from ngee ann would come.

i told brother alvin that i want to be a CGL by next year~ i guess he's planning to throw me into the organising committee for parade of schools next year~ hahaz=P

there are so many i, me in this blog!! JOEL! you can't be a self centred person!

i can't stop typing! theres so much that i want to say!! i guess i'll share more in my next few entrys!

Planet Shakers - Worthy To Be Praised

Lord i come into Your presence
Here i stand in awesome reverence
Falling before the wonder of Your name

Humbly now Lord i surrender
This offering to You forever
Take all i am and use me Lord i pray

Make me what You want me to be
Teach me Your ways

I lay down my life for You
Throw down my crowns before You
Give up my all for Your name

My Saviour, how i adore You
Healer, my heart longs for You
Jesus You are worthy to be praised

Jesus You are Lord forever
Jesus You are Lord forever

No comments: