Monday, June 14, 2004

finally, i'm back from sarimbum camp!

day 1 -

my dad gave me a lift into sarimbum camp and we reached at 6.00am. the distance from the gate to our dormitry is quite far, so i had to walk in the dark~ well, nothing special cause i'm quite used to walking in the dark, especially in the scout camp. lolx=P

there were loads of stars in the skies~

got my bed in the dormitry and i laid down for about 1 hour. i didn't get any sleep cause i was afraid that my fellow rovers would not be able to wake me up.

morning inspection~! i almost vomitted blood when i saw their standard. it was really very bad - their patrol equipments were all over the place, so were their personal equipments. i had a hard time telling them their mistakes, because there were too many! lolx!! but, there was a patrol that was really outstanding~

by lunch time, i was given my sub camp back - sub camp 1. there are 8 patrols in that sub camp, the biggest of the 2, and i had a uphill task. the boys were extremely demoralised. apparently, my fellow rover, parry, did some stuffs that demoralised them really badly.

then, we had situation games. we bashed through the forest and set up 3 different check points for the boys. my checkpoint's aim was to secure a boy's ankle using a splint and other stuffs that they can find in a jungle. many patrols were unable to get the "desired" answers, but some came up with fanciful ideas. lolx~

afterwards, the boys played challenge valley, which is a series of obsticals which ends with a slide into the water. i guess the boys really liked it a lot as they were rushing from point to point~ lolx=)

oh, i had a great time laughing at my greenridge boys cooking their lunch. when i walked over to check their stuffs, louis told me that he would be cooking scrambled eggs. so, i stood there and took a look. claiming to be the iron chief, he took the eggs, cracked them and placed them into the wok. i was laughing and started to call him iron chief when his scrambled eggs became white in colour~ lolx=P

when i told him his mistake, his entire patrol started to laugh at him too! LoLx!! =X

then at night, i had patrol leader council. i realised that most of the problems were caused by lack of communication among the boys and the leaders. so after the PLC ended, i gathered the patrol leaders and assistant patrol leaders to have a nice chat with them. that really made a difference.

i challenged them to wake up early and to fall in before 7am. well, by 6.55, they were already there waiting for me.

day 2 -

took my sub camp morning PT, and we had a great time together. training can be fun, as long as the boys listen and the leaders are funny. lolx=P

morning inspection again! this time, i only managed to inspect my greenridge patrol. well, i guess they made an improvement from the day before. but, when i gave them 30 pumpings to do, stanley told me that there are no other patrols doing pumpings. i insisted on pumpings, so i did together with the patrol.

as we were doing pumpings together, the other sub came walked over to my sub camp for flag opening. i could hear scouts saying, "woah, rover also need to do pumping one arh?" i guess thats 1 of the rare sights that they would ever see~ lolx=)

then, they had backwoodsman cooking. during this time, i went back to my dormitry and caught up with my beauty sleep.

when i woke up, i was informed that 2 of my boys attempted to escape camp. had a huge shock, and i rushed down to my sub camp. found them tagging around with my leaders and i thought i would be a goner. lolx~ thank God my leaders didn't blame me, instead they said that the scouts got no hope.

then, as 1 sub camp had their survival viewing and killing, i took another sub camp for games. we played dog and bone, rugby style~ lolx~ it was quite an unfair game because 2 patrols ganged up to go against the 3th patrol. but, they are still boys afterall. had a great time laughing at them too~ lolx~

grand dinner! i didn't help much this year because i was involved with the sub camp. the food was quite nice, but we didn't get to each much because the majority of the food were given to the scouts, cadet scouts and the leaders. well, not complaining here. hehez~

campfire! me, my fellow rovers and our group scout leader went super crazy during the campfire. we were practically trashing the campfire with our stupid antics and cheers. lolx=) we even had a special appearance when our group scout leader was leading a song~ we even called ourselves the lamers! =X

during the campfire, i led my sub camp to their cheer~ if your from ngeeann, parade of schools, i think you guys should know which cheer i'm talking about~ hahaz! i used the how do you feel cheer~ the boys lurved it! lolx=P

sub camp 1, how do you feel~!?
we feel good (clap)
oh we feel so good (clapclap)
oh we feel so oh we feel so oh we feel so good (clapclapclap)
YEAH!

hAHaz! cute right!?

then, at about 1am, i woke up my greenridge boys, got them to change to their full uniform and assembled them at the main kitchen. lolx~ tired eyes and wondering what was going on, they didn't dare to make a noise. xianghao, cipto and i planned to present the sec2s their achievements and progress badges. well, i had the honor to give the badges out to them.

though its a small group, but i guess they are proud of their achievements. we even made them sew on their badge immediately~ lolx~

day 3 -

xianghao and i was supposed to wake up the boys at 6am and make them strike tents. but both of us woke up late, and woke up at 7am instead. lolx~ when we walked to the canteen, we found the greenridge boys sleeping at the canteen, their uniforms still beside them~ hahaz~ but, the canteen's a much more comfortable place to sleep in.

a fury of panic when i started to tell them that they have only 5 minutes to pack their bags and fall in at the main kitchen. well, boys would always take more time given, so much dragged happened.

from there, we started to strike their kitchen shed and ridge tents. when we had to account for all the equipments, we realised that there were many items lost. called for a search party, but we were still unable to find them.

its been a great scout camp. its my first time being a sub camp cheif and i really learnt many things. i realised that there are many boys who do not even know my name, some of them didn't even see me before~ lolx=)

i had this cute scout, jun ting, who's like extremely cute! hahaz~ he's frm fajar secondary and i kept making fun of him. i called him xiao ker ai, when i didn't remember his name~ =X whenever i needed volunteers, i would call him out to help me. well, in case ure wondering, i ain't that bad~!

whenever jun ting needed help, all he needed to do was to look for me, and i would help him do it. but, i would nag at him and teach him at the same time~ loLx=) at first, jun ting lost about 3 pegs? and there were about 6 pegs that were stuck in the ground. he came to me and asked me for help.

well, of cause i went to help~ lolx=) he's my favourite boy ley~ he even asked me why i didn't go for so many events and its like the first time he sees me in action~ lolx~

other then jun ting, i was glad that i brought morale back to my sub camp that was performing way below their standard~ there were some occasions that made me feel very proud of them~ at least they were more prepared and alert after my LONG talk with then~ lolx=) praise God~~

argh!! im running out of time! going to meet the NP pals for dinner at marche!! woohoo!

No comments: