Sunday, August 22, 2004

Singapore's Li Jia Wei crashed out of the semi finals after 7 sets.

as i watched the game at leo's house, after cellgroup, i was expecting her to put up a huge fight against the north korean opponent. well, i wasnt disappointed. the game went to the final and deciding 7th set and it was neck to neck.

both players played their hearts out but it was the north korean lady who won in the end.

but still, she played her best and i'm sure she's gunning for the bronze medal~!!

took the train back to town and gave my mom a call - its time to visit my grandmother.

almost missed the busstop when i was messaging patricia on the phone, but thank God i found the place a little familar and there were quite a number of people alighting too=) it maybe a long walk from the busstop, but i know that that long walk would make a difference afterwards.

reached her place and walked straight into the room. there she was, lying on the bed chatting with my mom. placed my bags on the chair and sat on another chair near her bed.

it was a conversion that required loads of guessing.

my grandmother then gave me 5 bucks and instructed me to buy minibaos from the coffeeshop nearby. she insists that i eat more as i'm a guy and i can eat more. loLz=P

came back and i was told that they were discussing about the funeral plans. i was very shocked, but it slowly made sense to me. at least things would be organised and that my grandmother would have a "home" at least to rest in.

sigh. what a topic to talk about=/

on the way home, i gave death another thought. well, not about me dying this time, but about the general feelings of death.

these are my thoughts - when you know that you would be dying, you would love to see all your relatives, friends, everyone by your side. you would want to know that you made a difference in their lives and you want to see who really cares for you. you would want to experience the love that you scattered into the hearts of many and before you leave, you know that they all love you and they are in good shape.

dying is lonely and scary.

No comments: