Sunday, August 01, 2004

to those that doubt God's listening to our prayers, read on!

staying up late has became a habit eversince i had internet connection at home. i would stay up late till the wee mornings playing games, chatting and surfing around. when i got to know God, i didn't break the habit because i thought that it would not affect my relationship with God.

i was wrong.

recently, i began to realise the difference of being happy from the inside and being happy just on the outside. when i was just happy on the outside, i got angry, irratated and discouraged easily. though i knew that God promised us promises, but it seemed to me that there were empty promises.

there were times when i didn't even had a proper quiet time with God. i laid on my bed, said my thanks and fell asleep. day after day, this went on and it became a habit. quiet time became more like a routine and i wasn't talking to God. i was more of doing quiet time for the sake of doing it.

but, i thank God that on friday morning, i had this desire to turn away from the computer and do my quiet time. this time, with repentance and asking for forgiveness. when i started, it was tough starting. but as i went on, i kept going on till i didn't know how to end. i prayed till there wasn't a burden in my heart.

at the same time, i knew that Pastor Mike Connel's coming to our church, and he does deliverance. in me, i was thinking how great it would be if Pastor Mike would lay hands on me and deliver me. but i never expected this day to come...

sunday service. like any other normal service, i queued before entering the auditorium and i brought a new friend - weihan to join me for service, because i knew that miracles of God would be happening.

service started and when Pastor Mike started praying, i felt the presence of God lingering in the air strongly. in my heart, i knew that something would be happening. then, Pastor Mike started to call out. he identifed 3 problems from each sector and he wants those that he identifed to step out and allow God to touch their lives.

he started on the sector where i was sitting. he said - "there is this person here, who uses the internet and he got caught up by some stuffs on the internet. the images on the internet keeps coming back to him and its affection his relationship with God. if you are the one, raise up your hands and come down now."

when Pastor Mike was saying that, i KNEW that he was talking about me. there was this burden, feeling, in me that was SO STRONG that i could not control it. i knew that i was the one, but i wasn't sure if he was talking about me, because i wasn't sure which sector i was in.

"come on now, don't be afraid" and Pastor Mike kept repeating the problem over and over again.

"this person is around 18 years of age." i did a quick calculation. im 19, that makes me around 18 years of age. but i still stayed on my seat, wondering if i should go down.

finally he said - "this is your last chance for God to remove the suffering. you are seated near the top rows." ok. fate accepted. i was seated near the top rows, i'm near the age of 18 and i had that problem. i stood up and made my way down. i felt extremely ashamed when i was walking down and i stared at the floor, not daring to look up. even when my friend called me, i gave him a glance and looked away.

as i stood infront of Pastor Mike he said, "finally you are here." woah. i got so ashamed that i didn't even dared to look at him. but he held me and gave me a nice BIG smile, like he's my father. then he started praying for me and laid hands on me.

as i laid on the floor, Pastor Zhuang prayed for me, casting the evil things, images and praying that i break free from the bondage. as he prayed, i could feel that my breathing was extremely tensed. "LET GO! LET GO!" Pastor Zhuang kept repeating these words, then finally i felt this rush of peace and my breathing slowed down. then, this burning sensation came upon me and i knew that its the Holy Spirit coming upon me.

i recovered and on the way back to my seat i felt so stressed that i started to run. back to my seat, i felt completely lost and empty. as i tried to concentrate on the sermon, i was unable to do so as my mind was empty. i kept thinking about what i went through and i felt so lost.

it took me around 2-3 hours to come back to my senses and i realised what God had done in my life. He has broke me free from the bondage and He said this to me, "I love you, and I want you to have a strong relationship with me. I forgave you of all your sins, but why are you still holding onto them? and making the same mistake over and over again? let go, breakthrough and come to Me." then, i pictured Pastor Mike Connel, receiving me in wide open arms and a nice BIG smile. its really comforting...

after service, friends came up to me and asked if i was alrite. i still looked lost and they encouraged me. thank God for these angels - Charmaine, Alvina, Hanning, Brother Caleb, Clarice (for that really beautiful smile), Jeslyn, my CellGroup Members like Sister XiaoJia, PeiLing, Ryan, Sharmaine (for blessing Charmaine and me), Bimei and those that prayed for me in church.

thank God, i experienced His power.

i serve a living God! and His name is Jesus!

No comments: