Thursday, February 12, 2004

sigh. just came back from school, after the basketball competition. we won 1 match, but lost the other 2~

1st match - played against my friend's friend. i guarded their centre, who was around half head taller then me, had not much problem guarding him. scored some pretty good baskets against them, but the game was very tight. the last point was decided by freethrows by my friend, when he was fouled.

2nd match - played against my friend and i guarded him. he's around the same height as me, but 2 times larger. i got into foul trouble, and i guarded other players. blocked most of his shots and scored baskets too, but we lost by 3 points~ too much foul trouble in the beginning. i almost got fouled out, but thank God the referee is my team mate's friend, he helped us=)

3th match - it started almost immediately after my 2nd match. i was still extremely tired and bloated when i heard that it's our turn to play again. this is my worst match. i didn't score any baskets, and i didn't touch much of the ball. i was guarded so violently that i got pulled, pushed and dragged?

aye, but overall, i was rather pleased with the performance of the entire team. everyone contributed and played their best. need not have to shout at my own team mates to spur them on. i was pleased with my own performance, but it could have been better, if i was much more aggressive.

at least, there's something to look forward to now - EI games. the team would be the same, minus away 1 member because he's not from our course. i guess i'll be extremely aggressive when playing for that competition, and i hope that the gym training every monday would really help.

i think i rolled my ankle, there's a sharp pain when i'm walking.

No comments: